Sun stones in astrology: list, properties and common features
may 08, 2022 Gemstones in astrology
What are the Sun’s stones, and what magical properties do they have? Several internet sources will give you different information. But if you want to know the exact answer, you must know what planet or planets rule a particular stone.
Let’s find it out.
What Stones Correspond to the Sun?
All Sun’s stones have similar features. For example, they share identical color, optical properties, composition, and physical structure. Here is an example of purely Sun’s stones:
- Topaz “imperial.”
- Rutile quartz
- barite yellow
What do these stones have in common? First of all, it is color. But there are also a number of common features - the composition and optical properties:
|Color||Sun stones have yellow, golden, transparent, and translucent colors.|
|Optical properties||They have a metallic (aventurine) or diamond luster, refracting light in the shape of a star (asterism).|
|Сompound||Contains gold (Au)|
Consider, for example, amber. Amber is a pure stone of the Sun:
- It is yellow,
- It is translucent (optical property)
Sunstones May Also Correspond to Venus, Saturn, and Mars
Stone can correspond to several planets, connected by the principles of sympathy and antipathy. Such a gemstone has mixed physical attributes.
Consider, for example, heliolite.
- Its color is orange - a mixture of red (Mars) and yellow (Sun).
- On one hand, it has golden sparkles (a sign of the Sun). On the other hand, these sparkles give rise to hematite flakes (purely Martian stone).
As a result, heliolite is a stone of the nature of the Sun and Mars simultaneously. Mars and the Sun are related by the principle of sympathy.
More examples of Sun’s stones of diverse nature:
- Sunstone, red variscite (Sun and Mars, allies in sympathy)
- Chrysoberyl (Sun and Venus, antipathy allies)
- Diamond (Sun and Saturn antipathy allies)
- Ametrine (Sun, Mars, sympathetic allies, and Jupiter, Mars’s antipathy ally. A mixture of red and blue colors gives the characteristic violet of amethyst, which complements the golden-transparent color of citrine).
What is the Magical Property of a Particular Sun's Stone?
Knowing the list of ruling planets of a stone, you can get its magical properties.
For example, take red variscite. It shares the nature of the Sun and Mars. Therefore search Google for “Sun in astrology” and “Mars in astrology.” You will know what red variscite is accountable for.
It is More Than Just an Individual Sun’s Stone
Stand-alone stone has a vast influence. Therefore, it will hardly change a particular area of your life.
But if you collect the stones in the right combination and carry them with you, they will influence your regular day. Choosing the right proportions of gemstones is also very important based on your horoscope.
You may also be interested in stones of
P.S. If you want to learn more about using the power of the planets to improve the quality of life, chat with our online astrologer and select your stones.